A page for our Educators, Students and Guardians to receive up to date,
factual information on the current threat of Coronavirus around the world.
A MESSAGE FOR OUR TRAVELLERS
We take the safety and well being of our travellers very seriously, we also understand that travel uncertainties around the world have been created due to the current situation. We’re taking every precaution to manage all risks, we’re also wanting to make our travellers aware of the facts.
Please take the time to watch, read and process all of the information and FAQ’s on this page.
If you still have questions then please get in touch with customer care:
WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS?
Coronaviruses are a group of viruses that often cause respiratory illnesses in humans. They can also affect other mammals and birds.
Most cases of coronavirus are mild, and some, like the common cold, occur frequently throughout the world. Recently, a new coronavirus (‘novel coronavirus’) has been discovered to infect humans. The disease associated with the new coronavirus is called COVID-19. Further information and updates related to this can be found on the WHO website.
Chance of fatality if infected
Coronavirus compared to other viruses
FAQ For travellers
It is clear that any trips originally due to depart between 19th March and 31st August 2020 will not be able to go ahead on the planned dates. We really do appreciate all the hard work and commitment that participants put into a trip from the point of signing up, and we understand how disappointed everyone will be that this is no longer going ahead, as are all of us at World Challenge.
In our agreement with customers, we’re required to review alternative options should a trip be unable to proceed as planned. These options could include an alternate trip and departure date, or indeed in some cases a cancellation altogether. In order to cancel and establish whether we can provide customers with some form of refund, we would need clarity from our insurers and suppliers on what money we can recover. Since the beginning of March, we’ve been working on this and we are doing our very best to fast-track these conversations. We are committed and working hard to pursue the best outcome for our customers and will be in touch as soon as we have an update on this, or if we need to discuss an alternative trip and departure date with you. If you wish to remove your child from the trip before we can provide you with an update, then please refer to the Terms and Conditions provided to you at point of sale.
If the decision is to consider an alternative trip and departure date, any plans would be made in consultation with the school to determine when this trip would take place and whether the destination would remain the same. Alternative trips would only take place once international travel restrictions were lifted and it was safe for teams to travel.
At this stage it’s still too early for us to confirm what will happen to trips scheduled to depart between 1st September – 31st December 2020. We’re currently looking into all likely scenarios assuming the current advice not to travel remains in place, but please rest assured that the safety of our participants is paramount, and we would never travel against any official government advice. We do appreciate that during these uncertain times, not having answers on whether the trip will go ahead or not is frustrating; we will be in contact once we have further updates on your trip.
We understand this is a very difficult and uncertain time for individuals, families, and organisations, and so we are not accepting or collecting any payments due between 20th April and 15th July 2020. After this date we will reassess the situation and provide a further update regarding any payments due.
It’s understandable that the current situation may make some people feel anxious about travelling. With this in mind if you do wish to remove your child from the trip please refer to the Terms and Conditions provided to you at point of sale.
We’re hopeful that by next year the world will have started adventuring again, so we’re working on the assumption that all trips due to depart from 1st January 2021 will proceed as planned.